Apprentice Service Plumber Open Position
Our mission is to create the industry’s happiest and most skilled plumbers, and we want not just to help them grow but to help them grow better. These plumbers naturally produce the most satisfied clients, and that’s how we’ll build a company future generations will be proud of.
Apprentice Service Plumber Pay:
Starting pay is $22 hourly, and we also pay for a four-year online plumbing school program designed to take you from no experience to a master plumber in 4-years, in addition to on-the-job training.
We pay a $1,000 sign-on bonus after three months of employment.
Paychecks are weekly on Fridays.
Apprentice Service Plumber Benefits:
We offer fully paid medical, dental, life, and gym memberships, monthly chiropractic care, monthly therapeutic massage care, a matching 401(k), and paid time off for work-life balance.
We provide education through the PHCC’s 18-month online apprenticeship course, ‘Fast Track To Service.’
Apprentice Service Plumber Job Responsibilities:
- Help install, repair, and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, sewers, and fixtures in residential structures.
- Help complete all work following local plumbing codes.
- Helping snake drains with cable machines.
- Help with sewer video inspection, location, and replacement.
- Helping perform routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Helping prepare bids, budgets, and cost estimates.
- Help keep accurate project records, work descriptions, and materials used.
- Maintain good hygiene and a clean appearance.
- Clients’ homes and belongings must be kept clean and protected.
- Help maintain vehicle cleanliness and organization.
- Become effective using the Housecall Pro iPad app.
- Inspire clients to give us 5-star online reviews.
Apprentice Service Plumber Schedule:
You meet with your assigned Service Plumber before job arrival at 8 am, where you will be a passenger in their service vehicle. We do not have an “on-call” after-hours schedule, and all after-hours jobs are elective and rare. We want our plumbers to have enough daily rest. Regular workdays begin at 8:00 am, and you may stop receiving additional jobs after 4:00 pm with your assigned Service Plumber.
Apprentice Service Plumber Qualifications / Skills:
- Must become skilled in using hand and power tools in the plumbing trade.
- Must be willing to gain knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices.
- Must have the ability to read and follow manufacturer instructions.
- Must be ready to gain familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, ABS, clay, cast iron, and copper piping.
- Must have effective oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a natural ability to understand mechanical things.
- Must pay attention to detail and can perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have proficiency in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements.
Full-Service Plumber Basic Requirements
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must pass background and drug screening (we do not test for marijuana, though marijuana intoxication during work hours is strictly prohibited).
- No experience is necessary, but being of high-quality character is required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be 21+ years of age.
Here’s what you can expect after you apply for a career with Bright Side Plumbing
- We’ll contact you within 24 hours requesting a full resume with at least three references.
- We will review your resume and contact your references within another 24 hours.
- If we think you may be a good fit, we will schedule an interview with you.
- Before you join our team, you must pass a background check and drug exam.
- We begin onboarding and schedule your start date.