Service Plumber Open Position
Our mission is to create the industry’s happiest and most skilled plumbers, and we want not just to help them grow but to help them grow better. These plumbers naturally produce the most satisfied clients, and that’s how we’ll build a company future generations will be proud of.
Service Plumber Pay:
We pay a 20% commission on total job tickets, with a 2% additional bonus commission for high-margin projects. There are no accumulative “bonus levels.”
Annual income is purely performance-based. Highly skilled and productive individuals should generate between $100,000-$200,000 for themselves.
We pay a $5,000 sign-on bonus after 3 months of employment.
Paychecks are weekly on Fridays.
Service Plumber Benefits:
We offer fully paid medical, dental, life, and gym memberships, monthly chiropractic care, monthly therapeutic massage care, a matching 401(k), and paid time off for work-life balance.
We provide continuing education for all plumbers.
Service Plumber Job Responsibilities:
- Diagnosing residential plumbing problems.
- Install, repair, and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, sewers, and fixtures in residential structures.
- Complete all work following local plumbing codes.
- Snake drains with cable machines.
- Sewer video inspection, location, and replacement.
- Perform routine inspections of plumbing and drainage systems.
- Prepare bids, budgets, and cost estimates.
- Keep accurate project records, descriptions of work performed, and materials used.
- Maintain good hygiene and a clean appearance.
- Client’s homes and belongings must be kept clean and protected at all times.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and organization.
- Competent use of the Housecall Pro iPad app.
- Inspire clients to give us 5-star online reviews.
Service Plumber Schedule:
You are dispatched daily from home and will drive a dedicated work vehicle that you may park at your home every evening. We do not have an “on-call” after-hours schedule. All after-hours jobs are elective and rare. We want our plumbers to have enough daily rest. Normal workdays begin on the first job at 8:00 am, and you may stop receiving additional jobs after 4:00 pm.
Service Plumber Qualifications / Skills:
- Skilled in using hand and power tools in the plumbing trade.
- Knowledge of plumbing codes, safety regulations, and safety practices.
- Ability to read and follow manufacturer instructions.
- Familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, ABS, clay, cast iron, and copper piping.
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to complete projects unsupervised and unassisted.
- Ability to communicate value to clients and maximize sales.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements.
Service Plumber Basic Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must be able to pass background and drug screening (we do not test for marijuana, though marijuana intoxication during work hours is strictly prohibited).
- 6+ years experience as a full-service plumber.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must have own hand tools and basic power tools.
Here’s what you can expect after you apply for a career with Bright Side Plumbing
- We’ll contact you within 24 hours requesting a full resume with at least three references.
- We will review your resume and contact your references within another 24 hours.
- If we think you may be a good fit, we will schedule an interview with you.
- Before you join our team, you must pass a background check and drug screening.
- We begin onboarding and schedule your start date.