Plumbing Installer Open Position
Our mission is to create the industry’s happiest and most skilled plumbers, and we want not just to help them grow but to help them grow better. These plumbers naturally produce the most satisfied clients, and that’s how we’ll build a company future generations will be proud of.
Being a Plumbing Installer involves installing plumbing projects that Service Plumbers sell. This is an hourly position that does not require sales ability.
Plumbing Installer Pay:
Starting pay is $25-$35 hourly. If you are not already a master plumber, we also pay for an online plumbing school program designed to make you a master plumber within 4-years, in addition to on-the-job training where needed.
We pay a $2,500 sign-on bonus after three months of employment.
Paychecks are weekly on Fridays.
Plumbing Installer Benefits:
We offer fully paid medical, dental, life, and gym memberships, monthly chiropractic care, monthly therapeutic massage care, a matching 401(k), and paid time off for work-life balance.
We provide education through the PHCC’s 4-year online course.
Plumbing Installer Job Responsibilities:
- Install, repair, and maintain pipes, valves, fittings, drainage systems, and fixtures in residential structures.
- Complete all work following local plumbing codes.
- Sewer excavation, repair, and replacement.
- Complete jobs unassisted.
- Keep accurate project records, work descriptions, and materials used.
- Maintain good hygiene and clean appearance.
- Clients’ homes and belongings must be kept clean and protected.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and organization.
- Become effective using the Housecall Pro iPad app.
- Inspire clients to give us 5-star online reviews.
- Plumbing Installer Schedule:
- Regular workdays begin at 8:00 am, and you may stop receiving additional jobs after 4:00 pm with your assigned Service Plumber. We do not have an “on-call” after-hours schedule, and all after-hours jobs are elective and rare. We want our plumbers to have enough daily rest.
Plumbing Installer Qualifications / Skills:
- Must be skilled in using hand and power tools in the plumbing trade.
- Must have and be willing to gain knowledge of building codes, safety regulations, and safety practices.
- Must have the ability to read and follow manufacturer instructions.
- Must have familiarity with PVC, CPVC, PEX, ABS, clay, cast iron, and copper piping.
- Must have effective oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a natural ability to understand mechanical things.
- Must pay attention to detail and can perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must have proficiency in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements.
- Must be able to complete full drain and water repipes with little to no direction or supervision.
Plumbing Installer Basic Requirements:
- 4+ years of experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Must pass background and drug screening (we do not test for marijuana, though marijuana intoxication during work hours is strictly prohibited).
- Being of high-quality character is required.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be 21+ years of age.
Here’s what you can expect after you apply for a career with Bright Side Plumbing
- We’ll contact you within 24 hours requesting a full resume with at least three references.
- We will review your resume and contact your references within another 24 hours.
- If we think you may be a good fit, we will schedule an interview with you.
- Before you join our team, you must pass a background check and drug exam.
- We begin onboarding and schedule your start date.